Sunday, March 22, 2009

State of the Blog

This is the state of my blog as of March 23, 2009. I have had the best of intentions to post something new at least once a day, that dream died on day 3, god rest its soul. So instead, i have resolved to post when the following three criteria have been met:
[1.] i have something post-worthy
[2.] i have the time to devote to getting it right
[3.] i enjoy the final product.
I feel like that's what the Blogosphere is supposed to be and I'm glad I've finally come around to its ways. I have felt anxious when i hadn't posted something in a day or two. So i would then feel forced to post something for posting's sake. That's not fair to me and its not fair to you, my readers.

Which brings me to my next point, my readers. Who are you all exactly? I've gotten some decent feedback, but i could use more. I like feedback. I need feedback. As a writer and as an artist, it is my life-blood. Feedback helps me gauge what works and what doesn't and overall helps me improve and ideally bring you better quality content. So please feel free to comment the hell out of my posts. Questions, comments, concerns! i'll take them all. Don't be shy, i wont bite! Sign up for a Google account, or whatever they require, and follow my blog too (its that little box on the right that says 'Followers') and spread the word, it would make me really happy to actually see my audience grow.

Speaking of growth, (I'm getting better at these seamless transitions) i am currently trying to expand my local celebrity. Not for purposes that most try to, rather to try and affect change in my community (see my first post "Open letter to Augusta, Maine" to get an idea of the change that i speak off.) My spring break started on Friday and instead of going to some tropical party destination i have decided to get the ball moving on this. So i have resolved to do the following things in the next week: Begin planning for a web show and video blog, start a YouTube channel, and continue to promote my web content. Maybe ill get business cards too?

I think with these things and a growing web following, i could easily transition that success into my everyday life. We shall see how this week unfolds but it seems likely that i will be able to get this first phase of 'Operation Get Myself Some Famous' going if not complete. If this phase goes according to plan, it will be brilliant but most importantly it will be a whole lot of fun. If by chance, it doesn't go according to plan, well then its to my benefit that I'm good at improvising.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment